Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Scooters

Last week Andrew saw a little girl riding a scooter on the sidewalk, so of course his first response on seeing her was: "Omi, can you buy me a scooter?" After I told him that I would (it's easier to go along rather than get into an argument about why I won't buy him certain things, since he automatically asks that questions about just about any toy advertised on TV and I would be involved in endless discussions otherwise!), he launched into a story about a time when he had a scooter: "I asked mom how to get to your house, and then I got on my scooter and mom was a baby so she got on my scooter and we turned left and left to get to your house to get mom's favorite ball from your house (no mention of helmets!). Then mom wanted to be in front (the front part of the scooter), but I told her it wasn't safe (he gets points for being safety-minded, but his solution sounds even worse!) so I got a chair for her to sit on in the back (of the scooter). Then we went back home. What a nice little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment